Financial system Secretary Gordon Lyons as we speak formally opened Northern Eire’s third annual coaching week, which can run from February seventh to eleventh, 2022.
Financial system Secretary Gordon Lyons with James Matchett, Larger Stage Apprentice of the 12 months 2021.
The annual weeklong celebration, led by the Division of Commerce, goals to spotlight the necessary position apprenticeship performs throughout Northern Eire by bringing collectively companions similar to native councils, employers, universities, faculties and personal coaching suppliers.
By way of a collection of in-person or digital occasions, the week will present how apprenticeship coaching can rework the way forward for apprentices and corporations.
Initially of the NI coaching week, the minister mentioned:
“As our financial system continues to recuperate from the consequences of the pandemic, creating the native expertise base is a key precedence for me and a cornerstone of the restoration. My division’s 10X Financial Imaginative and prescient and Abilities Technique define how we goal to equip folks with the abilities they want for the evolving labor market and construct on Northern Eire’s successes on a worldwide scale. With a view to obtain this, apprenticeship coaching performs an important position.
“Northern Eire Apprenticeship Week gives everybody concerned within the coaching, be it as a trainee or employer, or just events who need to discover out extra in regards to the coaching, the chance to come back collectively for a week-long program of occasions and actions. The week is a superb alternative to boost the profile and showcase the perfect of our apprenticeship packages and the alternatives out there, and I encourage everybody who’s to become involved. “
A devoted web site shall be out there on the nidirect web site with info on in-person and digital occasions happening all through Northern Eire throughout Apprentice Week. Coaching companions are invited to take part by operating their very own coaching occasions or in collaboration with others. The web site shall be up to date because the organizations put up particulars. The Northern Irish Apprentice Week is open to everybody. So, if you wish to become involved within the group of future occasions, please contact the division by electronic mail: ApprenticeWeek@economy-ni.gov.uk.
The main target of NI Apprenticeship Week is the Northern Eire Apprenticeship Awards 2022, which acknowledges excellence in training and culminates in an awards ceremony on Wednesday, February 9, 2022.
Commenting on the nominations for the award, the Minister mentioned:
“The Northern Eire Apprenticeship Awards competitors continues to point out how apprenticeship is altering the lives of companies and apprentices.
“The quantity and high quality of nominations for this yr’s Northern Eire Apprenticeship Awards competitors has as soon as once more been distinctive. I wish to thank everybody who submitted a nomination that has proven the distinction our coaching packages make to trainees’ careers and advantages Employers in all kinds of sectors and the efficient supply and assist from coaching suppliers. I want all finalists the perfect of luck. “
The finalists for every award class are:
Finalists of the apprentice award 2022:
Daniela Geanta – First Supply – Springvale Employment and Studying Options Lauren Johnston – Diageo Belfast Packaging – South Jap Regional Faculty Matthew Robinson – EDGE Innovate – South West Faculty
Finalists of the Larger Stage Apprentice Award 2022:
Lewis Connelly – Linden Meals Ltd – Faculty of Agriculture, Meals and Rural Enterprise Jessica McMillen – Kainos Group plc – Ulster College Lewis Barnes – Farrans Building – South West Faculty
Finalists of the good employer award:
Kainos Group plc in partnership with Ulster College Farrans Building in partnership with Ulster College Greiner Packaging Ltd in partnership with South West Faculty
Finalists for the Small and Medium Enterprise Award:
Fusion Heating Ltd in partnership with Belfast Metropolitan Faculty Lakeland Dairies Newtownards in partnership with Faculty of Agriculture, Meals and Rural Enterprise McGuinness Plumbing in partnership with Southern Regional Faculty
Notes to the editors:
1. Caption: Financial system Secretary Gordon Lyons with James Matchett, Senior Apprentice of 2021.
2. The division can take images and video recordings at bulletins and occasions to publicize its work. Images, interviews, movies, or different recordings could also be shared with media organizations for promotional functions or utilized in promotional supplies, together with in publications, newspapers, magazines, different print media, on tv, radio, and digital media (together with social media and the Web). Images and movies are additionally saved within the division’s inner doc administration system. The division will preserve the images and data now not than is important for the needs for which they had been obtained. The division’s privateness coverage is out there on our web site.
3. To remain updated with information from the division, you possibly can observe us on the next social media channels:
4. For media inquiries, contact the press workplace of the Ministry of Financial system at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The Govt Info Service operates a service exterior of enterprise hours just for media inquiries between 6 p.m. and eight a.m. Monday to Friday in addition to on weekends and public holidays. The press officer on responsibility might be reached on 028 9037 8110.
Share this web page