The newest Broad Financial system Gross sales and Exports Statistics (BESES) for 2020 have been launched as we speak by the Northern Eire Statistics and Analysis Company (NISRA).
Present gross sales and export statistics for the financial system as an entire (BESES) for 2020
The bulletin is out there on the NISRA web site.
The primary outcomes have been:
The entire worth of exterior gross sales decreased by 6.2%:
The entire worth of exterior gross sales of Northern Irish firms (NI) was estimated at £ 21.2 billion in 2020. This corresponds to a lower within the respective costs of 6.2% (1.4 billion GBP) in comparison with the earlier 12 months of 1.6%. Exterior gross sales include: gross sales to Nice Britain (GB) plus export (gross sales to Eire (IE), remainder of Europe (REU) and remainder of the world (ROW)). UK gross sales rose marginally by £ 0.1 billion to £ 10.9 billion, up 0.7% over the 12 months. UK is the one vacation spot to see gross sales progress, albeit modest, over the course of the 12 months. Exports fell by £ 1.5 billion (12.6%) to £ 10.3 billion over the course of the 12 months. This follows 4 consecutive years of progress.
Decline in gross sales in a very powerful export markets:
Exports to Eire amounted to £ 4.1 billion in 2020, considerably larger than these to the remainder of the EU mixed (£ 2.2 billion). Whereas Eire stays our largest single export market, exports to Eire fell by £ 0.4 billion (9.7%) in 2020. As with whole exports, this follows 4 consecutive years of progress. Exports to the REU (EU, excluding IE) fell by £ 0.3bn (10.7%) to £ 2.2bn over the 12 months. Exports to the ROW (all nations outdoors the EU) fell by £ 0.8bn (16.3%) to £ 4.0bn over the 12 months.
Northern Eire gross sales decreased 5.9%:
For the primary time in a survey, BESES reveals that income inside NI has declined, falling by £ 2.9 billion to £ 45.9 billion between 2019 and 2020, down 5.9% over the 12 months. Including the worth of exterior gross sales, whole NI firm gross sales decreased 6.0% (£ 4.3 billion) to £ 67.1 billion in 2020.
District council space exports:
Belfast DCA accounted for the most important share of exports (21.0% or £ 2.2 billion), adopted by Armagh Metropolis, Banbridge and Craigavon (15.4% or £ 1.6 billion) and Newry, Morne and Down (15.1% or £ 1.6 billion).
Results of COVID-19 and the EU’s exit on commerce
When there are main modifications in retailing over the 12 months, it’s common observe to question firms for the information. Within the overwhelming majority of circumstances, the modifications in commerce between 2019 and 2020 have been defined by the financial impression of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Enter-output tables (and the related financial multipliers) for NI for the survey 12 months 2017 might be printed on December 16, 2021. The newest NI Composite Financial Index (NICEI) might be printed on January 13, 2022. The subsequent labor market report might be printed on January 18, 2022
Notes to the editors:
1. This information launch incorporates details about the worth of gross sales and exports generated by firms in NI. The 2020 figures are preliminary and may be revised. This data is in line with the Annual Enterprise Inquiry (ABI) outcomes printed by NISRA in November 2021 and may be discovered on the Annual Enterprise Inquiry web page of the NISRA web site.
2. The entire BESES publication and related tables may be discovered on the NISRA web site.
3. Extra detailed statistical data, together with information tables and definitions of the methodology used, is out there on the NISRA web site.
4. The BESES sequence is known as experimental statistics within the code of conduct for official statistics as a result of it’s nonetheless underneath improvement. The Code of Conduct for Official Statistics recommends that ongoing statistical work, akin to experimental statistics, be launched. These are outlined as “new official statistics underneath analysis which might be printed as a way to contain customers and stakeholders of their improvement and to ascertain high quality at an early stage”.
5. These statistics are presently being reviewed by the Workplace for Statistics Regulation (OSR) with a view to nationwide statistical accreditation.
6. To remain updated with information from the division, you may comply with us on the next social media channels:
7. For media inquiries, contact the press workplace of the Ministry of Financial system at email@example.com
8. The Government Data Service operates a service outdoors of enterprise hours just for media inquiries between 6 p.m. and eight a.m. Monday to Friday in addition to on weekends and public holidays. The press officer on obligation may be reached on 028 9037 8110.
9. For common data on commerce statistics, please contact Damian Buchanan, Financial & Labor Market Statistics Department, Tel: (028) 9052 9648 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Comply with NISRA on Twitter.
Share this web page