The newest Northern Eire Enterprise Demography statistics have been launched this morning by NISRA.
Northern Eire Enterprise Demography Statistics 2020
The demography statistics detailed on this output are primarily based on companies registered in Northern Eire solely. That is in keeping with the UK demography statistics produced by the ONS and permits for worldwide comparisons. The variety of companies with an energetic VAT and/or PAYE registration in Northern Eire all through 2020 was 64,600. Demography statistics measure modifications in these registrations over the calendar yr. New enterprise registrations are known as births and enterprise de-registrations are known as deaths. A enterprise start doesn’t essentially equate to a brand new enterprise and a enterprise loss of life doesn’t essentially equate to a enterprise closing.
There have been 6,375 enterprise births in Northern Eire throughout 2020, a lower of three.8 per cent on the earlier yr.
All 4 areas throughout the UK skilled a lower within the variety of enterprise births since 2019 – England (8.0 per cent), Wales (2.9 per cent), and Scotland with the biggest lower (17.9 per cent). The enterprise start fee (variety of births as a proportion of energetic companies) in Northern Eire decreased by 0.5 share factors (pps) from 2019, and by 1.4 pps from the sequence excessive in 2017.
There have been 4,900 enterprise deaths in Northern Eire in 2020, a lower of 9.0 per cent on the earlier yr.
Northern Eire noticed the biggest lower in enterprise deaths in share phrases in contrast with England (2.2 per cent), Wales (5.2 per cent), and Scotland (3.3 per cent). Northern Eire enterprise loss of life charges stay decrease than England, Scotland and Wales. All 4 UK areas noticed a lower of lower than 1 pp within the enterprise loss of life fee from 2019 to 2020.
The variety of enterprise births was higher than the variety of enterprise deaths for all district council areas throughout Northern Eire.
Beginning charges decreased for all district councils in Northern Eire besides for 3 areas. Causeway Coast and Glens; and Newry, Morne and Down each noticed comparatively small will increase over the yr, while Antrim and Newtownabbey noticed a rise of two.9 pps. Dying charges decreased throughout all district council areas, bar one, to December 2020. Newry, Morne and Down noticed a rise of just below 1 pp over the interval.
Retail noticed a rise in enterprise births of 47.2 per cent in 2020. Enterprise births in Transport and storage elevated by 13.6 per cent.
The expansion in transport and storage was replicated throughout all UK areas, the place there was a major rise in small or single individual courier firms to fulfill the demand for residence supply companies through the COVID-19 pandemic. The variety of deaths within the Development trade fell by 215 (21.8 per cent) from 985 in 2019 to 770 in 2020. The loss of life fee for the Development trade was 6.5 per cent in 2020, 5.0 pps under the sequence excessive of 11.5 per cent in 2012
Notes to editors:
1. The IDBR accommodates info on all companies in the UK, that are both VAT registered and/or working a PAYE scheme.
2. The enterprise demography statistics for Northern Eire are calculated utilizing Northern Eire enterprise registrations solely. They don’t embrace these companies registered elsewhere within the UK working in Northern Eire. The enterprise demography statistics for Northern Eire don’t embrace the general public sector or companies within the agriculture trade. A enterprise start is a brand new registration and never essentially a brand new enterprise. A enterprise loss of life is a de-registration and never essentially a enterprise closing.
3. The Northern Eire Enterprise Demography report is out there on the NISRA web site.
4. To maintain updated with information from the Division you may observe us on the next social media channels:
Twitter – @Economy_NI Fb – @EconomyNI Expertise to Succeed Fb Instagram – economy_ni LinkedIn – Division for the Economic system NI
5. For media inquiries contact the Division for the Economic system Press Workplace at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The Government Info Service operates an out of hours service for media inquiries solely between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The obligation press officer might be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
7. Suggestions is welcomed and ought to be addressed to: Accountable statistician, Neil Mulhern, Financial & Labor Market Statistics Department (ELMS) email@example.com or Tel: 028 90255196.
8. Comply with NISRA on Twitter @NISRA
Share this web page